Pssst… we can write an original essay just for you.
Any subject. Any type of essay.
We’ll even meet a 3-hour deadline.
121 writers online
In the era of the #MeToo movement, no man seems to be safe from falling prey to false accusations of sexual assault, and inevitably have his reputation tarnished, and his dreams crushed as everyone rushes to take the side of his accuser, without even listening to the defendant. An example of such conduct happened during Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s judiciary committee hearing, where Democratic senators told Dr. Christine Ford “I believe you,” without bothering to hear the other side of the story. If you haven’t been paying attention to the media circus surrounding the Kavanaugh debacle, here’s a quick run-down of the events that you can use to debate your liberal friends:
– President Trump appointed Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court on July 9, 2018 after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement on June 27, 2018. – Christine Ford sent a letter to Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein, on July 30, 2018 claiming she had been sexually assaulted by Mr. Kavanaugh.
– Despite the Democrats being in possession of the letter since July 30, 2018, Dr. Ford’s letter conveniently got leaked close to Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation date.
– Dr. Ford accuses Mr. Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her in an unknown location and in an unknown time (vaguely described as the summer of 1982), at a party with 4 other people, all of which have come forward stating that they have no recollection of any such party ever taking place. Dr. Ford remembers next to nothing about this incident, except from that she “had only one beer” and the alleged sexual assault perpetrated by Judge Brett Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge. Ford has also testified that she talked to her therapist about the incident a few years ago. However, her therapist notes have remained undisclosed.
– A second accusation was made by Deborah Ramirez, a woman who accused Kavanaugh of exposing himself to her at a university party. Miss Ramirez admitted to not being sure about who the perpetrator was, up until meeting with her Democratic lawyer for 6 days. Only then did she suddenly remember with clarity. Again, no one has corroborated her story so far, despite it being set in a public location. Her best-friend at the time has publicly denied ever hearing of the story and questioned Miss Ramirez as possibly being “politically motivated”.
– A third accuser came out of the woodwork with a story, backed by Stormy Daniel’s lawyer Michael Avenatti, so hard to believe, that even Top-Ranking Democrats are keeping it at bay.
The accuser, Julie Swetnick claims to have attended the same parties as Judge Kavanaugh, during which time she was in College and Mr. Kavanaugh in high school. In these parties, Swetnick claims gang-rapes were taking place and being perpetrated by Judge Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge. Not one of the four witnesses Swetnick pointed to has corroborated her story with one being deceased, one denying the incidents, and the other two choosing to not comment. The main, out of many, questions that this story raises are:
Why are there no police records of this alleged gang-rape epidemic in high-school parties? Why didn’t Miss Swetnick, as the adult in a party with minors, contact the authorities about her suspicions? And, most importantly, why did Miss Swetnick and other female students continue going to parties where girls were being sexually assaulted and groped? These questions are nothing new, they have been pointed out by many publications to date due to how glaring they are.
Confronted with the proportionality of the evidence (near to none) and the effect it has had on Mr. Kavanaugh’s life and career, potentially jeopardizing everything he has built over the years, such as his reputation and performance as a judge, we need to ask ourselves if we are ready to throw due process out of the window in favour of this delusional principle of “women would never lie about sexual assault”. As multiple studies have corroborated, no human is exempt from lying and deceiving others, and as many cases have shown us over the years, ranging from similar accusations made against Supreme Court Judge Thomas Clearance in 1991, Mr. Tucker Carlson from Fox News, or even Brian Banks, a high school football star who was put in prison for 5 years on the basis of an accusation with little to no proof, that the accuser later confessed to fabricating.
In fact, studies have found that in Europe, false rape and sexual assault allegations are estimated to be between 2% and 6% in comparison to 4% in the UK and 8% in the USA, according to the FBI, which means that, while most accusations are in fact true, and those victims absolutely deserve justice for the horrible, gut-wrenching, experiences they’ve gone through, we should not ever throw due-process under the bus and act as if an accuser is inherently a victim. We must remember “innocent until proven guilty” should be always upheld in a court of law, if we are to see justice done for the victims of sexual assault and for the victims of false sexual assault allegations.
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Sorry, copying is not allowed on our website. If you’d like this or any other sample, we’ll happily email it to you.
Attention! this essay is not unique. You can get 100% plagiarism FREE essay in 30sec
Sorry, we cannot unicalize this essay. You can order Unique paper and our professionals Rewrite it for you
Your essay sample has been sent.
Want us to write one just for you? We can custom edit this essay into an original, 100% plagiarism free essay.Order now
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?Check it out!