450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help you just now
Starting from 3 hours delivery
Pssst… we can write an original essay just for you.
Any subject. Any type of essay. We’ll even meet a 3-hour deadline.Get your price
121 writers online
Recently I came to know that Google is going to bring something unique for EMD’s and Google Panda hit website to get them back in rankings, obviously not on top so soon. There will be some twist coming along with it and I am all prepared as I know that if something is coming then it will for sure effect the current website rankings as well. Most folks will notice that change by drop in their rankings, seeing the competitor which they have beaten after Google Panda and EMD updates coming close to them. However, I am all set with a bunch of on-page strategies which I am going to share here as well in the hope that it might be beneficial for some of you as well. These strategies will focus around your Website, Content, HTML, Google Analytics and Webmaster, and RSS Feed. Let’s discuss each one of them in detail:
1. Website Analysis The very first step in On-Page Optimization is Website Analysis, and is also considered as the backbone for effective website optimization process. It is very important to make yourself sure that the website you are optimizing is free from any error; this is for the sake of search engines and users both. There are various steps in website analysis which need to be taken care of, below diagram shows 5 major task in website analysis: Layout of Website: It defines the website architecture; the way owner has decided to present his/her product or services on offer to visitors. It is always advisable to put your product and services on offer in such a way that it is easy to locate and go through for any visitor in your website.
2. Keyword Research Keyword research is one such practice used by SEO professionals to research and find actual search terms people use to enter into the search engines when conducting a search. Keyword research is usually done to target our website using searched and relevant keywords in order to achieve better rankings from the desired ones.You all might be aware of popular keyword research tools, few of them are: Google AdWords Keywords Tool Wordtracker SEM Rush Wordstream Bing keyword research (not sure if many of you have heard of it, you need to sign in for it first)
3. URL Structure Optimization URL structure optimization is one such process which many thing is just a myth and do not rely much upon it. It is one such process where you can tell search engines and users that what all is about. You need to be careful when going for URL optimization as it will include search terms you have found out in keyword research process. The diagram here shows you every element of a URL and what it can contain. URL Structure is all about inserting the main targeted key phrase in your URL for a webpage, and you need to make sure that relevant words are coming up in your URL and no dynamically generated string or variable which might not be that helpful in webpage optimization as compared to keyword rich URL.
4. URL Mapping URL Mapping is the simple process of tagging website URLs against the search terms which you have found in the keyword research process. First you need to list down all possible search terms collected during search terms in one tab of excel sheet, and all website URLs on other tab of the excel sheet. Next you need to manually pick search terms from keywords tab and put them against URL which best matches that particular search term. Though this process is manual and might take long time for big website, but advisable is to go per URL and not website as a whole. You need to allocate search terms to their dedicated webpage for better and effective targeting.
5. Content Optimization The content on your website is very important for the search engines as they consider website’s relevancy and importance based on both meta tags and content in relation to the important keywords you have targeted on that page Moreover the content present is also important from user point of view as they are the ones who are looking for information when searched. There are several guidelines you must follow: Include keywords in text Consider 3% density of the keywords in text, that means 3 keywords (not exact, you can manipulate them) on every 100 words. Formatting of the text – like bold, italic, color – anything that will catch user attention. Regularly add relevant content to your site
6. Meta Tag Creation Meta tags are one great way for webmasters to tell search engines what information does their webpage contains. Meta tags can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients, and each system processes only the Meta tags they understand and ignores the rest. Especially for title tags, description and keywords you need to keep them in character limit as defined by Google Title Tags – 65 Characters, Meta Description – 150 Characters, Meta Keywords – 250 Keywords
7. Image Optimization Google cannot read your image’s content. Instead it will read the text in Alt attribute which describe what the image is about. Properly optimizing images involves using the “Alt” attribute when adding images to your site. So choose a descriptive text for your Alt. And most important, add your image URLs to your XML sitemap.
8. Service/Category/Sub-pages Optimization This process is used for optimizing the product or service or category pages of a website. It is quite similar to optimizing the home page; the only difference is that you need to focus on specific key phrases rather than generic as the page will be quite specific to product or service on offer. When we look at home page they are generic and demand generic phrases to be targeted against them for optimization. Quite opposite are the inner pages where you need to be specific for the term used in the page for optimization process.
9. Management Team Page Optimization Almost very similar process to inner page optimization, the only thing which need to be done here is to link Google+, Blogger and other Social Media Community profile of those management team members so as to make them searchable in social community as well. This step is more of a personal profile promotion that page optimization.
10. Contact Us Page Optimization Once again, not a big task to do. You just need to focus on the information you are providing to your visitors in contact us page. You need to make sure that Google Map Listing is integrated on this page for better usability by visitors of business correspondence address.
11. Social Media Profile Buttons Usual process of adding social media sharing buttons on top navigation. It is one common step which I guess most of you are already using it. You just need to add or integrate Social Media Sharing buttons on Top Right Side for user who wish to connect with you on those platforms as well. 12. Blog Section Integration and Optimization The recommended approach is to create a blog section and make it live on Top Navigation of your website. The best you can do is to show summarized blog post in your home page for better crawling of your blog posts by search engines.
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Sorry, copying is not allowed on our website. If you’d like this or any other sample, we’ll happily email it to you.
Attention! This essay is not unique. You can get a 100% Plagiarism-FREE one in 30 sec
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Your essay sample has been sent.
Want us to write one just for you? We can custom edit this essay into an original, 100% plagiarism free essay.Order now
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?Check it out!