After-school Programs and Its Benefits to The Youth

About this sample

About this sample


Words: 378 |

Page: 1|

2 min read

Published: Sep 12, 2018

Words: 378|Page: 1|2 min read

Published: Sep 12, 2018

This article examines the culture of community-based after-school programs that serve incoming immigrant youth. The author argue that through collaboration, schools and community-based after-school programs may be able to bridge the academic and cultural gaps that marginalize low-income, immigrant youth.(Francis 2008). Education researchers, in the field have looked extensively into the effects of after-school programs and how to incorporate them.

'Why Violent Video Games Shouldn't Be Banned'?

Out-of-school-time (OST) programs can keep young people safe, support working families, and improve academic achievement and the civic and social development of young people.” However, some critics mention the importance of implementing a program with communication, self-respect, mutual respect for the avoidance of at-risk behaviors can be crucial to the well-being and therefore the success of youth. Students who are dealing with drug dependency, violence and teenage pregnancy have a more difficult time excelling in the classroom.

After-school programs should address the problems popular among young people today that predispose them to deviant and delinquent characters. Some examples of these major issues are:- abstinence of drugs and alcohol, avoidance of delinquency, violence and gang activity, unsafe sex, precocious sexual activity and teen pregnancy and coping with peer pressure.

Get a custom paper now from our expert writers.

Thirty-two percent of ninth grade participants took and passed the exam, compared to one percent of ninth grade non-participants. Fifty-two percent of active participants took and passed the math sequential 2 and 3 exams, compared to 15 percent of nonparticipants in the same grade. Because young people spend only 20% of their time in school, how and where they spend the remaining 80% have been found to have implications on their well-being and future. Quality after-school programs provide exciting and compelling learning activities in a safe and supportive environment. These programs are here to make sure the students are happy, productive and efficient. These programs can meet students’ needs for personal attention from adults, involve them in positive peer groups that foment an environment of inclusion and have them enjoy experiential activities that build self-esteem. After-school programs are also uniquely positioned to encourage a more supportive bridge between home and school. This is non-profit organization supports after-school programs and works to expand experiences beyond the traditional day-school for kids. If one wants to build younger students interest, it is very important to connect with them to be an effective leader and role model.

Image of Dr. Charlotte Jacobson
This essay was reviewed by
Dr. Charlotte Jacobson

Cite this Essay

After-School Programs and Its Benefits to the Youth. (2018, May 29). GradesFixer. Retrieved December 1, 2023, from
“After-School Programs and Its Benefits to the Youth.” GradesFixer, 29 May 2018,
After-School Programs and Its Benefits to the Youth. [online]. Available at: <> [Accessed 1 Dec. 2023].
After-School Programs and Its Benefits to the Youth [Internet]. GradesFixer. 2018 May 29 [cited 2023 Dec 1]. Available from:
Keep in mind: This sample was shared by another student.
  • 450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help
  • Custom essay delivered in as few as 3 hours
Write my essay

Still can’t find what you need?

Browse our vast selection of original essay samples, each expertly formatted and styled


Where do you want us to send this sample?

    By clicking “Continue”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy.


    Be careful. This essay is not unique

    This essay was donated by a student and is likely to have been used and submitted before

    Download this Sample

    Free samples may contain mistakes and not unique parts


    Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.



    Please check your inbox.

    We can write you a custom essay that will follow your exact instructions and meet the deadlines. Let's fix your grades together!


    Get Your
    Personalized Essay in 3 Hours or Less!

    We can help you get a better grade and deliver your task on time!
    • Instructions Followed To The Letter
    • Deadlines Met At Every Stage
    • Unique And Plagiarism Free
    Order your paper now