450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help you just now
Starting from 3 hours delivery
Remember! This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper by one of our expert writers.Get custom essay
121 writers online
Punjabi Jutti means traditional footwear and this name comes from two languages Punjabi and Urdu. It is footwear with a closed upper attached to a sole. Making of Jutti is not an easy task it requires a lot of skill to make the final product. Jutti comes in different deviations with varied people who are making it. When India and Pakistan were one country at that time this footwear was made from the flesh of dead animals because people use to walk a lot and they needed something to aid their feet. No transportation services were there in Bharatvarsh (name of India) before partition so this Jutti was popular from that time only. In ancient India especially in Punjab region kings used to wear these Juttis it was a symbol of royalty for them and was crafted with hands. Some of the Juttis were embroidered with gold strands and gold-plated beads that were only affordable for rich families. In Rajasthan, these Juttis are known as Mojari but it is the simpler version of the Punjabi Jutti. Also, these Juttis are popular in the northern parts of India like Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. Because it was typically originated in Punjab of before independence Pakistani people also love to wear it. Nowadays, there are stores available all over where you can find Punjabi Juttis of different types and designs. It has come a long way and now there are online sites which are quite popular and are selling Punjabi juttis like Amazon, Needle Dust, Jutti Choo and many more. (gaatha_home, 2010)
When the final product is in front of us, we don’t even care to think about the process undertaken to get a result, there is a lot of labour required to reach the last stage that is using the product or selling it. Same in case of Punjabi Jutti it is not easy to make because it is still handmade no machine is used to make this footwear. There are different people who do varied tasks to make a jutti perfect to wear.
· Chamars: these people process the raw skin of cow to make leather for the Jutti this is the first step.
· Rangaars: colour the processed leather in different colours
· Mochis: these people do the final task of putting everything together and finalizing is done by them.
The steps of Jutti making starts with the processing of leather by using vegetable tanning method to make it flexible and water resistance and then in the second step a thin mixture is out of yellow and green pigments mixed in water to make various shades of red to colour the leather using a brush to apply colour on them. Panna is made from the coloured leather and then the jutti gets embroidery, little bells and colourful beads on it to make it more attractive. Then the final work is done with an eco-friendly cotton thread connecting both upper part and lower part known as ‘Adda’ and lower part known as ‘Talla’. Punjabi Jutti has evolved drastically there is a huge variety nowadays earlier it was simple or there was embroidery which was not heavy but now there is an option to customize one as you want it to be. (gaatha_home, 2010)
Punjabi Jutti is available for everyone kids, men, women and even for older people. These are quite popular among women because they wear it on regular basis especially in India and Pakistan. But there is a huge variety of footwear for both men and women which is not popular as it should be. Awareness is must because it is a unique kind of footwear which has no left and right shoe.
· Multani Khussa: this type of shoes is known as Indian Alladin shoes because they are identical to Alladin shoes. There are different types of khussas for men’s which includes flat velvet khussa, sharp edges khussa, and specially customized khussas are available for the wedding. To give it a royal look a “Noke” is made.
· Mojari: which are popularly worn with Indian clothing like kurta it is like formal shoe difference comes from shape and Mojari is handmade, unlike formal shoes. (Amazon, 2018-2019)
· Embroidered Punjabi Jutti: which has different kinds of embroidery on it like Peacock. It is studded with heavy Zari and in some of the silk thread embroidery is done.
· Queen Paakiza Punjabi Jutti: it is heavily embroidered with sipi work on it. These Juttis are worn in parties and some of family functions.
· Ansari Jutti: these are khussa for ladies which is made from handmade leather and there is light sticker work on it. This kind of juttis are made on regular basis.
· Matching Suit Punjabi Jutti: these juttis are made of soft leather only. It has both embroidery of silk threat and sipi are embedded on it. These are more formal kind of footwear. (Deewan, 2017)
A global appeal is attracting your customers from worldwide. Nowadays, globalization has made everything available everywhere. If you are far off from your home living in another country, you will find a place in that country where you will get some the products from back home. A global appeal is you are making your product worldwide and get connected with customers worldwide. (Rubin, 2011)
It is a new way to make Punjabi Jutti popular worldwide and make a loyal new customer base. Also, it gives a lot more exposure to traditional wear as it is not popular everywhere except in a few geographical areas. There are a lot of ways to make it available worldwide:
· Online Business: Instagram and Facebook pages are a great way to connect with people all over the world they give you an option to showcase your product and make business page online and make an online customer base.
The second way to set up worldwide is making websites like Amazon and Fab India these are websites who sell Juttis and customer can know about different options and prices of one product also there is a section of customer review that is visible to everyone who wants to try traditional footwear.
· Export Jutti: due to globalization government rules and regulation for import and export of products all over the world is much easier now earlier it was very difficult to do trade in different countries. Now it is easy and convenient to send any kind of jutti because of easy trade rules and regulation anywhere around the globe.
· Online Advertisement: to let people know about the Punjabi Jutti worldwide one more way is online advertisement there are Facebook ads, YouTube ads and Google ads that make people aware when they watch your product advertisement. This gives a great impact if you present your product well and people are ready to invest their money in a new product which they have never tried before.
Indians are well known for there rich culture, food, clothes, fashion and jewellery. And Punjabi culture is one that has a major role in Indian ethnicity these people keep everything big and royal same in case of there making of cultural footwear these are exactly the reflection of who they are basically colourful, embroidery, and handmade. Women now want fashion and comfort both in one product. These Punjabi Juttis are quite comfortable and they come in different varieties which suites every dress code. You can wear it with jeans and top which can perfect college look or you can go to the office especially for girls. Perfect for college girls because it is cheap as well. Boys can wear it with Kurta Pajama which is a cultural dress for men. Girls wear it with sarees, suits which are Indian clothing for women these colourful jutti set perfect look with them. This type of footwear is perfect for a festive look for both men and women because these are bright and heavy embroidered juttis which light up the festive vibes and gives you a decent as well as trendy look. Going for holidays you want something that is comfortable, lightweight and trendy to get good pictures, this kind of footwear is perfect as its weight is less than a Frisby. It can be perfect with shorts and t-shirts in summers.
In Indian weddings, these are the main attraction for bride and groom both as these juttis are very fancy have sipi, zary, and silk embroidery. Some of bridal Juttis have flowers and birds carved on them and even girls customize juttis get words printed on them for example Bride to be. There are wedding songs in India which are written on jutti itself such as “Jutti Kasuri paeri naa puri” and ‘Jutti Patiale Di’. For men, the Juttis are more in velvet to give a king like look on the wedding day.
As people in Punjab find these footwears as artwork because it is all handcrafted and requires a lot of skill to make it. Colourful threads are there, ghungurus make sounds while walking plus it requires a lot of patience and hard work working day to make one pair. (Banerjee, 2011)
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Sorry, copying is not allowed on our website. If you’d like this or any other sample, we’ll happily email it to you.
Attention! This essay is not unique. You can get a 100% Plagiarism-FREE one in 30 sec
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Please check your inbox.
Want us to write one just for you? We can custom edit this essay into an original, 100% plagiarism free essay.Order now
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?Check it out!