Pssst… we can write an original essay just for you.
Any subject. Any type of essay.
We’ll even meet a 3-hour deadline.
121 writers online
Blood services are an essential part of the health-care delivery system. Every government has a responsibility to ensure the availability, accessibility, adequacy and safety of blood supply for its people. The blood donation is the only source of blood but the recruitment of voluntary, non-remunerated donors is the most important challenge throughout the world. Blood is the essence of life, and is one of the most precious donations. Blood services are facing shortage of blood all over the world. Demand for blood is rising alarmingly and current blood donation is insufficient to meet the demand. The only source of blood is by blood donation. Globally, 80 million units of blood are donated each year, but only two million units are donated in sub-Saharan Africa where the need is very high. In sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), out of the estimated need of 18 million units of safe blood per year, merely about 15% were collected
However, maintaining a safe and sufficient supply of blood remains a major challenge in many developing countries. Two key problems are the gap between the supply and demand of a safe blood supply, and the serious safety concerns associated with inadequately screened blood. A major constraint to solving these problems is the lack of strong infrastructure and systems to support the management of blood programmers.
Blood Donors Campaign will be conducted in the NCMT College on February. The campaign is intends to help spread and instill awareness of blood donors amongst the NCMT College students and staffs. In order to give explanation the important of the blood donation so that the awareness of student about donating blood can be increase. The campaign is hopefully can make the NCMT Students and staffs to be more aware about important of donating blood and the amount of blood donors amongst NCMT students and staffs.
An ill body needs blood for various reasons. He may be attacked with anemia, undergone an operation or may meet with an accident. But such a patient may die for want of blood as it is not always available. Even a pregnant mother may need blood in case of emergency situation. Blood can be stored for a limited period of time that is why the blood banks need a steady and constant collection.
Nowadays a public awareness is noticed to donate blood. Many clubs, colleges, societies, offices, etc. organize blood donation camps on different occasions. It is a healthy gesture. We must keep this aptitude up at any cost. Our blood banks are running short of required blood. By organizing such blood donation camps we may help them to enrich their capacity
However, it is very important that while taking blood from a certain person the concerned authority must make sure the blood is not infected.
Blood donation is our human duty. Our body does not get affected if we donate blood. The body can repair the loss within a few days. So we must come forward to donate blood as it can make sure the return of a dying man again into the light of life
This event is especially targeted for the Students, staffs and nearby citizens of the NCMT College. Young people may be good candidates for becoming regular blood donors. Furthermore, red blood cells obtained from those younger in age have a longer survival potential than the cells obtained from older individuals because of less deformability of the red blood cells. As university students are well educated and young, we investigated their willingness regarding blood donation and compared results with the willingness among other residents in the near location.
• First, we the organizer of blood donation event has to contact the incharge of blood bank with official letter requesting to conduct the camp on particular date and proper place. However, if the target segment is a college campus, factors like exam schedules and holidays should be kept in mind.
• A simple official letter will be given to the organization from blood bank incharge mentioning that the blood bank team will reach the venue one hour before the scheduled time, so that the blood bank team can get time to make arrangement for blood donation. Instruction should be given to our organizer to arrange a huge hall and two rooms with a facility of water, electricity and a toilet. If separate room is not available then one big hall may be converted into three separate sections using screens or curtains.
• The blood bank has to estimate its requirement of blood units for a particular period.
• Based on the availability of blood units in their stock, they determine the number of blood units required by them through camps.
• Blood banks take a prior permission from the state blood transfusion council (SBTC).
• Social worker related to the blood bank visits the venue to inspect its suitability for the camp – a checklist may be provided to the organizer, the number of donations required is discussed with the organizers.
• Few days before the camp, NGO/ social worker/ donor motivator can arrange a talk on the importance of voluntary blood donation to the potential donors.
• Media may be approached to give adequate coverage and support to the camp.
• Sponsors can be approached to provide financial support for media coverage, refreshment, and publicity and to honor blood donors through badges/pins.
• Relevant correspondence should be documented for future reference.
The blood bank team arrives at the venue of camp before the time given to donors.
• Supervise the venue for adequate facilities like space, furniture, heaters/coolers and other equipment.
• Inspect pre-donation, donation and post-donation areas as per standards.
• Liaise with the organizer and voluntary donor organization.
• IEC materials and banners should be displayed everywhere.
• Arrange a celebrity to inaugurate the camp.
• The camp should be started on time.
• Organize place for to accommodate at least 6 stalls for donating blood. Place – either parking, terrace, or function hall in the terrace.
• Set up 6 sets of tables and chairs. 1 foldable cot with pillow and bedsheet.
• Cleaning and dusting of the finalized place for the camp.
• Putting up a notice on the bulletin board and distribution of pamphlets.
• Keep any emergency required medicines and a doctor from the society ready at hand.
• We will take the permission from the administration of the college.
• We will take the permission from the incharge of blood bank.
• We will consult the sponsors and medias.
• Motivating the donors so that they don’t panic.
• Providing foods, water and fruit juice to the donors.
• Let donors avoid strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting for the next five hours.
• If donors feel lightheaded, we let them lie down with their feet up until the feeling passes.
• Keep the bandage on donors arm and dry for five hours.
• If donors have bleeding after removing the bandage, we will tell them to put pressure on the site and raise his/her arm until the bleeding stops.
• If bleeding or bruising occurs under the skin, apply a cold pack to the area periodically during the first 24 hours.
• If donors arm is sore, take a pain reliever such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others). Avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) for the first 24 to 48 hours after donation.
The purpose to organize a blood donation camp is to motivate people to donate blood and social works. The purpose of blood donation camp to select a suitable donor whose blood will be safe to the recipient and who himself shall not in any way be harmed by blood donation. Organization of blood donation camp should be best and safe to the patient/recipients and to the blood donor. Blood donation camp should motivate the public to donate blood by oral communication, which is the most effective method of recruiting donors. Talk about the need of blood, shortage of blood, ease of donation and myth about blood donation to the public. The speaker has the power to appeal to the humanitarian feeling of the audience. Hospital staff especially clinicians can actively contribute in motivating relatives and friends of patients to donate blood and to become regular voluntary blood donor. The blood bank staff should be courteous interested, cheerful and friendly, as well as professional and efficient.
With increase in population and development of more advanced medical and surgical procedures, the need for blood is ever increasing. Only voluntary blood donors can help to maintain an adequate supply of blood to save the lives of those who are in need. Conducting voluntary blood donation camp efficiently and regularly will provide adequate round the clock availability of blood units during emergency situation and they are the sources of safe blood also. By donating blood, one gives a second chance of life to someone unknown. The blood donors become part of an exceptional group that is dedicated to alleviate the human suffering. Blood donation is a divine experience. One unit of blood saves three lives. Donating blood may reduce the risk of heart disease and stimulate the generation of red blood cells. There is no substitute for human blood. It can be acquired only from a generous blood donor.
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Sorry, copying is not allowed on our website. If you’d like this or any other sample, we’ll happily email it to you.
Attention! This essay is not unique. You can get a 100% Plagiarism-FREE one in 30 sec
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Your essay sample has been sent.
Want us to write one just for you? We can custom edit this essay into an original, 100% plagiarism free essay.Order now
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?Check it out!