Pssst… we can write an original essay just for you.
Any subject. Any type of essay.
We’ll even meet a 3-hour deadline.
121 writers online
Proper workflow has to be maintained for the business operation to achieve organizational goals. Implementation of Workflow management system (WFMS) is very important in today’s IT interwoven business process management. Benefits of a workflow management system are improved communications, cost reduction, error mitigation, employee success, competitive advantage. Customer Relationships Management System (CRMS) is another system needed to maintain a proper relationship with customers of an organization. CRMS helps to make new customers, retain old customers by keeping regular contact with customers, listening to their feedback. Websurfer Nepal Communication System Pvt Ltd is one of the renowned leading ISP and NSP of Nepal.
The company was established in Jan 2001. The company came into the market with Internet Services like Wdsl, Optic fiber, Wifi-Hotspots, and Network services like Intranet, VPN for ABBS of Bank and Finances companies with many branches. Web surfer has two categories of customers, residential and corporate. Wdsl is based on wireless technology, where customer side CPE connects with the company’s POD. Optic fiber technology is for long distance and high bandwidth data transfer, especially good for dedicated internet service for corporate houses. Wan, Intranet, Vpn are technologies which connect many branches of an Organization with Head Office. Web surfer has recently approached with Tvnet in the market, a technology based on coaxial cable, which carries both TV and internet signals in the same wire.
Residential consumers are benefitted with Tvnet service with the option of watching Digital TV Channel and internet access. Tying up with TV signal provider Sky Cable TV a sister concern of Web surfer has come up with various Tvnet packages in the market. Websurfer’s strong competitors WorldLink, Vianet, Subisu are aggressively attracting customers with cheap packages of optic fiber internet connection. Frequently updating packages with high speed in lesser prices, creating excitement and urge in customers for high-speed internet. Websurfer’s Tvnet Packages comes at different speeds like 3Mbps, 6Mbps, and 12Mbps with full HD digital TV channels. Customers searching for alternate ISP seem to be the major problem of Websurfer.
Reasons are various, primarily after sales Technical Support, service not provided on client’s said time and new Installation not done faster, within a promised time frame. There is a fear of losing existing and potential customers. Problem Scenario is the current workflow order, communication, and coordination between functional Departments like Sales & Marketing, Account, Store & Inventory, Infrastructure, Technical support. Marketing Department sends a job order to the Installation Department without confirming clients. Marketing staffs work under pressure, they have to meet the sales target. Customer who is inquiring about internet service packages and not a real customer is also queued on the Job order. Accounts sometimes do not prepare bills on time, due to delay from Marketing, sending client’s package and billing information. So technician could not reach client’s home on time and next day client wouldn’t be receiving a phone call or couldn’t be contacted again for connection. The client would start searching other ISP who does connection faster. Store & Inventory sometimes doesn’t have enough stocks of routers, equipment, and necessary tools which also stops the connection. Due to misinformation from Infrastructure Department, Sales and Marketing are unaware of network coverage and technical possibility of Tvnet internet connection.
Marketing happens to assure client for a new connection and Clients order gets canceled dissatisfying them. The most Important department is Technical Support, where internet problems of customers are analyzed monitored and troubleshoot on time. This unit is for maintaining the quality of internet service to the customers. If customers problem are not addressed in time there is fear of customers getting angry, they get dissatisfied and they may discontinue or terminate internet service. The technical support team has to talk with clients properly, listen to their problem, diagnose correctly if the problem is in the network segment or at clients router. Incomplete works of Infrastructure department also affects the quality of service to customers and technical support fails to solve technical problems. Customers are provided internet connection from out of network coverage points that is technically incorrect and cause problems, giving hassles to clients.
Coordination from infrastructure department, not provided in time, results in stress and confusion among technical support team . Staffs if not trained will not be able to troubleshoot in lesser time. Field technician not able to satisfy the customer, customers are kept on waiting for a long time, defaming company’s name. Referral from clients will not happen to other people and the company is losing market share. A web surfer is using a management system Sure for retrieving customer information, connection date, expiry date, and for escalating tickets. But It is more than 10 years old, not user-friendly, and it doesn’t incorporate all departments of operation level. Means of communication is mainly phone, optionally emails. Installation and Field support Department is coordinating with all the departments before going for new Tvnet connection and field support. Firstly Job Order comes from Sales & Marketing, the Installation department before going out to field has to make sure if client really wants to do Tvnet connection, coordinate with Infrastructure if the client is in coverage area or not, it has to ask the Accounts department for bill , it asks with Inventory if enough routers and necessary equipment are available.
Finally, if the connection has been made it has to coordinate with the technical support department for ensuring quality internet service to customers. Here Installation Department is under pressure, most of the time is spent in coordinating with all departments before going out for customers Tvnet Connection and field support, if something is wrong with any department connection cannot be done in time. And the customer is lost, this raises questions of quality service and future sustainability of clients. The report reflects the failure of connection due to internal reasons. Aggressive competitor ISPs takes the opportunity of this situation. They have a good marketing strategy of customers giving high-speed internet at a lesser price, connecting internet to customer houses faster, offering free internet packages on a referral basis.
Other ISP takes away customers with a good offer and lesser connection time. Analysis of Company The situation of the company is analyzed on the basis of the popular method of analysis.
1) Strength: Strengths of Web surfer are capital, reputation, a large sized organization having 300 staffs and market share or maximum number of customers
2) Weakness: Weaknesses of Web surfer are operational department coordination, poor strategy, and functional level management problems.
3) Opportunity: With the implementation of the new strategy for improving weakness, Company can regain more clients, increasing market shares.
4) Threats: Competitor ISPs like WorldLink, Vianet who offer quality internet service at lesser prices.
1) Political: Political instability is a main problem of the country.
2) Environmental: a good environment for growth but strong competitors.
3) Social: Socially acceptable services, renowned company.
4) Technical: Technically strong, the capability of adoption of new technologies.
Workflow management is an essential component of the modern organization, that executes critical business processes . Business process management provides a clear view of the business structure, automates low-level management like monitoring work progress.  In order to stay competitive and grow, a business must optimize its processes to minimize inefficiencies, preserve resources and ultimately increase revenue.
Business Workflow Automation is a concept that transforms existing business activities, roles and tasks from legacy and manual systems into a centralized automated structure. Business Process Management (BPM) is a discipline involving any combination of modeling, automation, execution, control, measurement and optimization of business activity flows, in support of enterprise goals, spanning systems, employees, customers, and partners within and beyond the enterprise boundaries . The objective of Study Analysis of workflow process of Web surfer, regarding the problem gives insight for solutions which are the implementation of Work Flow Management System (WFMS) and Customer Relationship Management System (CRMS) for the overall benefit of the company. Proposed Workflow Management System In this system Job, Order comes to Installation & Field Support Department only through a series of other departments through ticket and approval process.
1) Sales & Marketing Department while inquiry with customers sorts out a real customer of Tvnet connection.
2) Infrastructure department checks network coverage if technically right, approves and forwards ticket to Account department.
3) Accounts approve ticket prepare bill and forward to Inventory.
4) The inventory provides a router and required equipment, approves and forwards ticket finally to Installation & Field Support.
5) Installation & Field support makes an appointment with the customer and does connection by mobilizing technicians on time.
6) After successful connection ticket is approved and forwarded to after sales Technical support, which makes sure with clients that internet service is good and the client is satisfied then a ticket, is again approved and forwarded back to Sales & Marketing.
7) Finally, Sales & Marketing prepares reports of successful connection and connection not done due to various reasons for top-level management for making a further business strategy.
Implementing Work Flow management system results in Tvnet connection done on time, there is no loss of customers, with quality after-sales technical support and internet service customer are retained, a number of potential customers increases, with seasonal discounts, offers and cheaper high-speed bandwidth new customers are increased. Proposed Customer Relationship Management System Customer Relationship management system can be a strategy for the management of company’s for relationship and interactions with existing and potential customers. The system is required for increasing the productivity and profitability of a company.
It can be a subordinate system after Workflow management system for retaining old customers with regular interactions, getting feedback, listening to their problem and finding a solution quickly whether it be quality of service, price or other issues. With a new business strategy of cost leadership and differentiation leadership, new customers can be made offering cheaper service with differentiation products. This is only possible after the implementation of the customer relationship management system.
1) Keep contact with customers, ask them for feedback, gain information.
2) Attract new customers, Increase Potential Customers.
3) Drive sales growth, offer new product and services
4) Formulate Customer Retention policies.
5) Transformation of System The existing traditions workflow management system is going to be transformed into IT-enabled systems. With Implementation of Workflow management system Applications and Customer Relationship Management System application, efficiency is expected to increase, works are done in lesser time, customer satisfaction increased resulting business achievements.
Before implementation, training and education have to be provided to staffs at various operational departments. Conceptual Framework Evaluation of implemented Workflow management systems and Customer Relation System can be done using conceptual framework of Michael Porter and Mc Kinsey Porters 5 Forces Theory
1) The bargaining power supplier
2) The bargaining power of buyer
3) The threat of substitute product
4) The threat of new entrants
1) Cost Leadership
3) Focus M. Porter in 1985 recognized the following strategies which can provide viable competitive advantage : Low-cost strategy; Differentiation; Focusing. None of the stated strategies can be implemented today without application of informatics-communication technologies. Their influence on stated strategies is shown in Table 1.
We provide you with original essay samples, perfect formatting and styling
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Sorry, copying is not allowed on our website. If you’d like this or any other sample, we’ll happily email it to you.
Attention! this essay is not unique. You can get 100% plagiarism FREE essay in 30sec
Sorry, we cannot unicalize this essay. You can order Unique paper and our professionals Rewrite it for you
Your essay sample has been sent.
Want us to write one just for you? We can custom edit this essay into an original, 100% plagiarism free essay.Order now
Are you interested in getting a customized paper?Check it out!