Each essay is customized to cater to your unique preferences
+ experts online
October 6, 2010
Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
The app allows users to upload media that can be edited with filters and organized by hashtags and geographical tagging. Posts can be shared publicly or with preapproved followers. Users can browse other users' content by tag and location, view trending content, like photos, and follow other users to add their content to a personal feed.
1. Carpenter, J. P., Morrison, S. A., Craft, M., & Lee, M. (2020). How and why are educators using Instagram?. Teaching and teacher education, 96, 103149. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0742051X20313408)
2. Handayani, F. (2015). Instagram as a teaching tool? Really?. Proceedings of ISELT FBS Universitas Negeri Padang, 4(1), 320-327. (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0158161)
3. Russmann, U., & Svensson, J. (2016). Studying organizations on Instagram. Information, 7(4), 58. (https://www.mdpi.com/2078-2489/7/4/58)
4. Jang, J. Y., Han, K., Shih, P. C., & Lee, D. (2015, April). Generation like: Comparative characteristics in instagram. In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 4039-4042). (https://dl.acm.org/doi/abs/10.1145/2702123.2702555)
5. Gunkel, K. (2018). Der Instagram-Effekt. In Der Instagram-Effekt. transcript Verlag. (https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.1515/9783839444450/html)
6. Wong, X. L., Liu, R. C., & Sebaratnam, D. F. (2019). Evolving role of Instagram in# medicine. Internal medicine journal, 49(10), 1329-1332. (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/imj.14448)
7. Virtanen, H., Björk, P., & Sjöström, E. (2017). Follow for follow: marketing of a start-up company on Instagram. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 24(3), 468-484. (https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JSBED-12-2016-0202/full/html)
8. Cotter, K. (2019). Playing the visibility game: How digital influencers and algorithms negotiate influence on Instagram. New media & society, 21(4), 895-913. (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1461444818815684?journalCode=nmsa)
9. De Veirman, M., Cauberghe, V., & Hudders, L. (2017). Marketing through Instagram influencers: the impact of number of followers and product divergence on brand attitude. International journal of advertising, 36(5), 798-828. (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02650487.2017.1348035)
No need to pay just yet!